Re: [extremeperl] unit tester

    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 29 8:04 AM
      On 29 Aug 2005, at 14:21, Rob Nagler wrote:

      > Adam Sroka writes:
      >
      >> Right. TMTOWDI applies. But what is it about the de facto standard
      >> wheel
      >> that you don't like? I read your code, and I don't see any advantage.
      >> Enlighten me.
      >
      > It's, like, very, ok, repeatitive, ok?

      I'm reading that as not liking seeing lots of "ok BLAH" statements in
      the test output - in which case just write a test runner that doesn't
      show them.

      I agree that there are numerous ways that test runners could get more
      useful in Perl.

      Or do you mean something else?

      > Test::* and xUnit need a
      > refactoring so that you only express what is the essence of the
      > cases.

      If I see duplication in my tests I refactor it. Often making lots of
      little domain specific Test::* modules.

      > They are also weak on the deviance side.

      Can you explain what you mean here?

      > Send a test here, and I'll show you how it can be refactored to say
      > more with less.

      -----
      #! /usr/bin/perl

      use strict;
      use warnings;
      use Our::Test::HTML::HouseStyle qw( style_ok );
      use Our::Test::Config qw( html_files );
      use Our::Test::Utils qw( test_all );

      test_all { style_ok( $_ ) } html_files();
      -----

    • Dave Cross
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 14, 2005
        Terrence Brannon wrote:
        > Adam Sroka <adam.s@...> writes:
        >

        >>I just use Test::More and prove.
        >

        > what is prove? I could not find it in the main Test::More docs:
        >
        > http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.60/lib/Test/More.pm

        You didn't get a reply to this. I hope this isn't too late to be useful.

        prove is a command line test runner. It's included with recent versions
        of Test::Harness.

        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Harness/

        Dave...