Re: [extremeperl] unit tester

    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 29, 2005
      On 8/29/05, Rob Nagler <nagler@...> wrote:
      > Adam Sroka writes:
      > > Right. TMTOWDI applies. But what is it about the de facto standard wheel
      > > that you don't like? I read your code, and I don't see any advantage.
      > > Enlighten me.
      >
      > It's, like, very, ok, repeatitive, ok? Test::* and xUnit need a
      > refactoring so that you only express what is the essence of the
      > cases. They are also weak on the deviance side.

      Please explain more about what you mean "weak on the deviance side". I
      tend to test my failure cases using mocked objects and subroutines,
      which means the tests are positive tests, not negative ones.

      As for the repetitive nature ... I look at it as the difference
      between ASM and Perl. Test::* is ASM, but ASM is very simple to prove
      correctness for. The last thing I want is a bug in my testsuite
      horking up my results. The more complicated the testing
      infrastructure, the more likely bugs will appear.

      Rob
    • Dave Cross
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 14, 2005
        Terrence Brannon wrote:
        > Adam Sroka <adam.s@...> writes:
        >

        >>I just use Test::More and prove.
        >

        > what is prove? I could not find it in the main Test::More docs:
        >
        > http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.60/lib/Test/More.pm

        You didn't get a reply to this. I hope this isn't too late to be useful.

        prove is a command line test runner. It's included with recent versions
        of Test::Harness.

        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Harness/

        Dave...