Re: [extremeperl] unit tester

    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 29, 2005
      Adam Sroka writes:
      > Right. TMTOWDI applies. But what is it about the de facto standard wheel
      > that you don't like? I read your code, and I don't see any advantage.
      > Enlighten me.

      It's, like, very, ok, repeatitive, ok? Test::* and xUnit need a
      refactoring so that you only express what is the essence of the
      cases. They are also weak on the deviance side.

      Send a test here, and I'll show you how it can be refactored to say
      more with less.

      Rob
    • Dave Cross
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 14, 2005
        Terrence Brannon wrote:
        > Adam Sroka <adam.s@...> writes:
        >

        >>I just use Test::More and prove.
        >

        > what is prove? I could not find it in the main Test::More docs:
        >
        > http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.60/lib/Test/More.pm

        You didn't get a reply to this. I hope this isn't too late to be useful.

        prove is a command line test runner. It's included with recent versions
        of Test::Harness.

        http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Harness/

        Dave...