Re: [extremeperl] Re: Better Development Tools for Perl

    Message 1 of 107 , Jun 19, 2005
      blakemills writes:
      > I'd love too, but I have to get permission from my company first. I'd
      > like to get a lot of the infrastructure we've built inhouse back out
      > into the community at large, but I haven't ever put enough time into
      > it to get it out there.

      It took us about a year or more to get bOP into enough shape to
      release. In hindsight it was really worth it. The primary business
      value is that it allowed us to build apps quickly, which allowed us to
      grow on our success. A secondary business value is that we have a
      simple app (PetShop) written with bOP that is now a valuable
      acceptance test infrastructure. At the time, however, it was a big
      risk, because we only had one customer who wanted bOP.

      > The place I'm working at has been doing perl
      > and XP for nearly four years, so we've built up a lot of interesting
      > code that hasn't made its way back out into the community....

      I bet.

      > Cool. Drop me a line next time you're in town.

      Will do.

      Message 107 of 107 , Feb 13, 2006