Re: Better Development Tools for Perl

  • Randal L. Schwartz
    Message 1 of 107 , Jun 17, 2005
      --- In extremeperl@yahoogroups.com, J Matisse Enzer <matisse@m...> wrote:
      > * Syntax-coloring text editor.
      > * Syntax-checking - catch and display syntax errors as you type.

      You realize that this is not possible for Perl, correct? You can get 90% of the
      way there, but there'll always be ways that a "perl editor" will be wrong compared
      to /usr/bin/perl's interpretation of the code.

      Well, maybe even 97% of the way. But that's even more expensive.

      For my demonstration of this, see "On Parsing Perl":
      Message 107 of 107 , Feb 13 7:55 AM