Re: Mixins (was: Re: [extremeperl] Better Development Tools for Perl)

    Message 1 of 107 , Jun 6, 2005
      On 6/6/05, Curtis Poe <curtis@...> wrote:
      > On Jun 6, 2005, at 10:24 AM, Perrin Harkins wrote:
      >
      > > On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 12:06 -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:
      > > > The real benefit of mixins is that code works in a more aspectish
      > > > manner.
      > >
      > > It makes sense; I just think the implementation is lacking. It's
      > > supposed to be a workaround for the problems with adding functionality
      > > through inheritance, but I think there has to be a better way.
      >
      > There is. It's called "traits".

      Perrin -

      There's a reason Perl6 is being created - to keep Perl from
      needing an IDE. All of your complaints about Perl5 are completely and
      utterly justified. The complexity that arises when you want to do
      mixins, for instance, is what leads Java developers to have IDEs. In
      our world, we redesign the language so that we avoid IDEs.

      (Is it a coincedence that IDE is an anagram of DIE?)

      Message 107 of 107 , Feb 13, 2006