Registration open for Agile2005

  • alex_viggio@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2005
      Registration is now open for the Agile2005 Conference to be held at the Denver
      Marriott City Center July 24-29. We are offering a special discounted rate of
      $1499 through the Super-Early Bird date of May 27. Members of the
      AgileAlliance, ACM, or IEEE are eligible for a rate of $1399. The academic rate
      is $549 until May 27. Please act quickly to ensure that you take advantage of
      these special rates, a significant savings over the Just-In-Time rate of $1799.

      The merger of XP Agile Universe with the Agile Development Conference has
      resulted in a record number of submissions and a very strong program. We have
      an excellent collection of tutorials, workshops, experience reports and research
      papers. Some of the tutorial and workshop presenters include Jim Highsmith, Ken
      Schwaber, Ron Jeffries, Mary Poppendieck, Rebecca Wirfs-Brock and many more.
      Bob Martin and Brian Marick will be giving a keynote presentation. Our fellows
      this year are Tim Lister, Ward Cunningham and Kent Beck.

      For conference agenda, session descriptions and on-line registration go to
      www.agile2005.org

      We are also putting out a call for student volunteers that would like to work at
      the conference.

      Call for Student Volunteers

      The local organizing committee is seeking student volunteers to assist with a
      myriad of tasks to optimize the attendees' experiences at the conference. None
      of these tasks are difficult, but all are important and critical to the success
      of the conference. Volunteering is a great way to meet other students, industry
      representatives, and probably some of your favorite authors.

      Any student registered in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program for 2005
      may become a student volunteer for Agile2005. You must be willing to commit to
      volunteering to work 4 conference sessions (~16-20 hours) during the conference
      between July 24-29. In return for participating as a volunteer, you will
      receive daily access to choice conference sessions, free food, fun parties and
      invaluable exposure to key industry leaders. You will be responsible for
      supplying your own transportation, lodging, and other incidental costs. However,
      it may be possible to obtain support through other sources such as your
      department.

      If interested, please apply by sending the volunteer form
      (http://www.agileunited.org/volunteers/volunteer_form.pdf) via email to the
      volunteer coordinator at volunteers@... with your name, educational
      institution, and whether or not you have volunteered at either XPAU or ADC in
      past years. If your application is accepted, your conference registration fee
      will be waived.