Re[2]: [extremeperl] ANNOUNCE: New version of Perl port of Fit.

  • Tony Byrne
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2005
      Hello Rob,

      RK> Looks good!

      Incidentally, Ward mentioned in an earlier mail some weeks ago, that
      the original Perl port of FIT didn't find much penetration. That's a
      pity, because Dave W. Smith did an excellent job on the port. I'm hoping
      that this update and a commitment from me to further develop the port will
      tempt teams to look at FIT for their Perl projects. So, if you actually
      decide to use this port, or even if you just think it might be useful on a
      project, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Feedback proves the existence of
      an audience, without which there wouldn't be much point in having a port.

      Enjoy,

      Regards,

      Tony.

      --
      Tony Byrne
    • Karl Scotland
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2005
        --- In extremeperl@yahoogroups.com, Tony Byrne <yahoogroups@b...>
        wrote:
        > Hello Rob,
        >
        > RK> Looks good!
        >
        > Incidentally, Ward mentioned in an earlier mail some weeks ago,
        that
        > the original Perl port of FIT didn't find much penetration. That's
        > pity, because Dave W. Smith did an excellent job on the port. I'm
        hoping
        > that this update and a commitment from me to further develop the
        port will
        > tempt teams to look at FIT for their Perl projects. So, if you
        actually
        > decide to use this port, or even if you just think it might be
        useful on a
        > project, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Feedback proves the existence
        of
        > an audience, without which there wouldn't be much point in having
        a port.

        A long time ago, I got one of the perl FITs working with FITnesse.
        I've not got the code anymore unfortunately, but I don't seem to
        remember it being to complicated. If you want good penetration, it
        migth be worth looking into (if you haven't already!)

        Karl
      • Tony Byrne
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2005
          Hello Karl,

          KS> A long time ago, I got one of the perl FITs working with FITnesse.
          KS> I've not got the code anymore unfortunately, but I don't seem to
          KS> remember it being to complicated. If you want good penetration, it
          KS> migth be worth looking into (if you haven't already!)

          Thanks Karl, I'll certainly have a look at what's involved.

          Regards,

          Tony.

          --
          Tony Byrne