PerlActor: An executable acceptance test framework for Perl.

  • Tony Byrne
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
      I've just published my first open source effort. It's called
      PerlActor and it's a simple framework to enable XP Customers to write
      their own executable acceptance (customer) tests for Perl code. It
      started life as a toy project to practice TDD, but it may turnout
      to be useful to others.

      PerlActor's syntax is very simple. It has a passing resemblance to FIT
      (though nowhere near as well developed as FIT), but using plain-text
      script files instead of HTML tables to specify tests. It's pretty basic
      at the moment, but I'm planning to develop it further over the next few
      weeks.

      I have nowhere to host the project online, but the initial
      distribution is available from CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive
      Network) at:
      http://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/T/TJ/TJBYRNE/
      and from various CPAN mirrors.

      I hope some of you will find it useful. I'd love to hear your feedback.

      <credit>
      PerlActor is inspired by 'exactor', an open source framework for Java
      developed by eXoftware. See http://exactor.sourceforge.net/
      </credit>

      Regards,

      Tony.

      --
      Tony Byrne
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2005
        Tony Byrne <yahoogroups@...> writes:

        > I've just published my first open source effort. It's called
        > PerlActor

        Won't people have a hard time finding it if it is not in the Test::
        namespace? Perhaps it should have been called Test::Actor

      • Tony Byrne
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2005
          Hello Terrence,

          TB> Won't people have a hard time finding it if it is not in the Test::
          TB> namespace? Perhaps it should have been called Test::Actor

          I was wondering about that myself and will most likely rename it.
          'Test::Actor' is a good suggestion, thanks.

          Regards,

          Tony.

          --
          Tony Byrne