Re: [extremeperl] Terrence the Hypocrite

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 10, 2005
      On 9 Apr 2005, at 00:22, Terrence Brannon wrote:
      [snip]
      > whitebox testing means looking at your code and writing tests based on
      > what you see there. until the code is written there is nothing that
      > can be seen or whitebox-tested.
      [snip]

      I guess my definition of whitebox testing is a little different from
      that. I consider it testing with knowledge of the internals - no matter
      when you actually implement them.

      If I write a test for an implementation specific private method I'll
      call it a whitebox test even if I write the test before I write the
      method (which is almost always what I'll do). I guess you'd only call
      it a whitebox test if you wrote the test after you wrote the method -
      even if it's exactly the same test ?