Story Card

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2002
      I uploaded the story card we use at bivio:

      I have gotten into the habit of using story cards for all
      ideas/problems/todos. Even if the problem is something
      administrative. It helps me track where my time goes.

      Perrin, one suggestion I have is to start using story cards to track
      your work. Most companies have low quality tracking systems. I find
      if you have some structure, management is more likely to accept a new
      procedure, such as XP.

      Please upload your story cards and other XP materials, e.g. coding
      styles and refactoring patterns.

      Rob
    • cdhutch_99
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2002
        --- In extremeperl@y..., Rob Nagler <nagler@b...> wrote:
        > I uploaded the story card we use at bivio:

        Rob,
        Can you upload an example of a filled-in story card? I'm curious
        about the level of detail you're using in these.

        We always have a problem of getting the right amount of information
        in a story. The temptation is always to start specifying technical
        details.

        Larry Constantine suggests having a separate box for detail ideas
        when working on the initial phase of a UI design so these ideas don't
        get lost for ever, but keeping them separate so you don't get
        constrained by implementation details. It works fairly well, so long
        as you remember to revisit the box, and stay very disciplined about
        the process.

        - Chris