Re: [extremeperl] The Bivio naming scheme and the Perl community ethic

  • bauhaus@metaperl.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2005
      Rob Nagler <nagler@...> writes:

      > bauhaus@... writes:
      >
      >> + Bivio is not on CPAN
      >
      > Feel free to mirror bOP on CPAN.
      >
      > We have no business need to put bOP on CPAN.

      Well, just one unless you want to create a shell script:

      If you used CPAN, you could have a Makefile.PL whose PREREQ_PM
      specified all of the modules Bivio needed.

      Alternatively, you might just upload a Bivio::Bundle file which
      specifies the modules to install. It's just a small file which will
      drive the loading of other files.

      Just an idea. I know no one has time for what is not really necessary.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
        bauhaus@... writes:
        > > We have no business need to put bOP on CPAN.
        >
        > Well, just one unless you want to create a shell script:
        >
        > If you used CPAN, you could have a Makefile.PL whose PREREQ_PM
        > specified all of the modules Bivio needed.

        If this weren't an XP list, I wouldn't belabor the point... This is
        not a business need. This is a technical possibility. The world is
        full of technical possibilities with absolutely no business value.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2005
          On 27 Feb 2005, at 18:33, Rob Nagler wrote:

          > bauhaus@... writes:
          >>> We have no business need to put bOP on CPAN.
          >>
          >> Well, just one unless you want to create a shell script:
          >>
          >> If you used CPAN, you could have a Makefile.PL whose PREREQ_PM
          >> specified all of the modules Bivio needed.

          A round of applause for dragging it on topic :-)