424Re: [extremeperl] Declarative Testing

  • Curtis Poe
    Sep 1, 2005
      On Aug 31, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Rob Nagler wrote:
      > > Given that most are unlikely to use Bivio, perhaps someone can
      > propose
      > > a Test::Declare framework using Perl's standard testing tools?  What
      > > would the syntax be?
      >
      > Talk about NIH. ;-)

      Possibly, but it's fair to point out that if a company has an
      established, working code base, switching to Bivio may not be cost
      effective (of course, I've no idea what Bivio does, either).

      >  I would expect that you would find that any
      > serious attempt at Test::Declarative would run into the same problems
      > that Bivio::Test has: abstractions are difficult to understand.
      > However, the more the merrier. :-)

      Yeah, that's true. Still, it would be an interesting experiment.

      Cheers,
      Ovid
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic