357Re: Emacs enhancements for CPerl mode and complex systems

  • James Keenan
    Jun 13, 2005
      On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:57:19 -0600, Rob Nagler <nagler@...> wrote:

      > I just replaced the file b-perl.el with bivio-emacs-20050612.tgz in
      > the files area: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/extremeperl/files (Why
      > can't you just send a simple link to a file in the yahoo files area?)

      Be careful what you wish for; your wish may be granted.

      Depending on the moderator settings, it is possible that (a) anyone can
      join a Yahoo group, and (b) any member can upload any file to the files
      area. Which means the files area can get loaded with crap.

      I'm the moderator of another yahoo group, perlsemny, and to spike the
      spam we eventually had to move to a situation where (a) all memberships
      have to be approved by the moderator and (b) only the moderator can
      upload files.

      Granted, this doesn't directly answer your question about links, but I
      think you can see why that might not be desirable, either.

      jimk
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic