211Re: [extremeperl] Re: I almost had a heart attack: you call that refactoring???

  • Chris Winters
    Apr 2, 2005
      On Apr 2, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Terrence Brannon wrote:
      > Well, let's see. Jim + Terrence = 2 against.
      > Rob N. + Rob K. = 2 for.
      >
      > We are in a deadlock.

      Sounds like a call to delurk. I agree with Rob and Rob but more for the
      reason that having an immutable rule like "the second time you
      encounter functionality you MUST put it in one place" doesn't work as
      well as experience telling you when it is and isn't appropriate to do
      so, particularly when moving code results in less readable code or
      forced argument lists just to make it common.

      Chris

      --
      Chris Winters
      Creating enterprise-capable snack systems since 1988