167Re: [extremeperl] Book: Higher Order Perl

    Mar 29 2:11 PM

      http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=424075

      > If you learn Haskell, it can then help you to think new ways in
      > Perl.

      There's a huge cost to learn a new language to the point of being able
      to think differently. Why not learn how to use Perl more effectively?

      http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-road4.html

      > You learn new languages to think different Perl.

      It seems to me that you are saying: You have to learn German to
      understand psychology well. Jung and Freud were German, but the world
      of psychology has grown, and now, I would argue, it is more important
      to know English (another evolutionary language :-) than German to
      understand psychology.