146Book: Higher Order Perl

    Mar 25, 2005
      We just got our copy of Higher Order Perl by Mark Jason Dominus. I
      did a quick scan through, and it is extremely impressive. It's a
      monumental work.

      It doesn't mention agile programming specifically, but it gives you
      many tools you need to be an agile perl programmer. It includes an
      entire chapter on declarative programming, for example.

      His writing is lucid and the book covers many weighty topics. I
      recommend you pick up a copy.

      He'll also be making it available on the web at some point which is
      extremely admirable. The book page contains links to some chapters so
      you can try before you buy:

      http://perl.plover.com/hop

      Buy a paper copy if you like it. At 582 pages, it's worth the
      printing costs alone.