Re: Kirpal/Darshan/Rajinder

  • ariadnefaden
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2002
      Hi Conrk,

      I am from Austria and was initiated not by Rajinder , but by Ching
      Hai and Thakar Singh. But, as you surely know, Thakar Singh was a
      disciple of Kirpal. So I have a strong connection to Kirpal Singh too.
      Since one and a half year, I'm struggling for my freedom.

      >I am still afraid (yes this is a real fear) to
      > verbally denounce the gurus over the website. ..

      For me it's easy to denounce Ching Hai and Thakar Singh, because
      their "dark sides" are so obvious.
      But with Kirpal Singh, it's different. Sometimes I think: "Okay,
      Ching Hai and Thakar Singh are real gangsters. But probably Kirpal
      Singh is- or was- a real master". Because his energy is different,
      more pure. That's how I feel it.

      On the other hand, I am not able to live with all those rules and
      prescriptions, which gave me the constant feeling of failure and
      shame.
      Kirpal said: "You will find out that chastity is life and sexuality
      is death"- terrible for me! I like to flirt, to think on sex, to talk
      about sex and to make sex with the man I love- it's a part of my
      nature. It's my way (not the only, but an important one) to express
      my love.

      Kirpal has invented the famous "diary" which all of his successors
      also use- which is a tool to improve the mind- control. So, every
      evening, you have to write down every "sin" you made- not only in
      your acts, but even in your thoughts! So you concentrate on your
      own "negativity" instead of the love in your heart.
      I didn't become a better, that means, more loving person, but only a
      hypocritic one. And I lost the contact to the "lower regions" of my
      body and of my soul as well, which now I am struggling to regain.

      Today I am convinced that we must accept and love
      those "lower", "animalic" parts of our personality in order to
      transform them. Suppression an denial do not solve any problem- they
      cause new problems instead. The biggest problem they cause is to
      separate you from your own heart, from your own feelings.

      So my feeling towards Kirpal Singh are ambivalent: One the one hand I
      feel that he is- or was- a human being full of light, on the other
      hand I know that he is the source of all those restrictions which
      made my life so narrow.

      How do You feel and think about him?

      Many greetings

      from Ariadne
    • conrk2002
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 29, 2002
        Ariadne, it was wonderful to hear from you! I was initiated by
        Kirpal' representative in 1972, shortly before he left this world. I
        iiintially was in awe of what I read about him, the stories I heard
        about him, because I had been in the transcendental mediation
        movement for several years. Kirpal appeared so simple and
        unmaterialistic. Most of my contact was with Darshan. I had left the
        satsang before Darshan died. I believe that neither Darshan/Kirpal
        were godmen as they proclaimed themselves to be. I know, all the the
        disciples always clean this up by saying the current master never
        refers himself to that, but Kirpal and Darshan both allowed their
        disciples to refer to them as godmen. Neither of them appeared to
        have material excesses, but the fact each played the role of god inm
        the lives of their disciples is what truly alarmed me. Also in each
        satsangi, without fail, most of the disciples fed off vicariously of
        otother people's purported interior experiences. I think that Kirpal
        was deluded by power and the position he wanted from Sawan. He wanted
        to be master, a godman, and therefore created that role for himself.
        Ithink Darshan also wanted to protect his family's dynasty. In that
        sense they are frauds. Let me go back to Kirpal. You and I never met
        him. His writings are largely patched together from other people's
        books. He appears simple and holy, but he still wants to be god. I
        cannot believe that Kirpal/Darshan/Rajinder are god. I think they
        played up the simple/unmaterialistic master role to great personal
        advantage. Kirpal started off a poor postal employee; darshan wwas a
        government employee who lived in Delhi with his family very simply.
        As he became master, he created and furthered the Singh family
        holdings. Rajinder, supposedly does consulting work as an engineer
        but he lives in a hugh compound outside of Chicago. His grandfather
        always said masters NEVER ACCEPT MONEY FROM THEIR DISCIPLES FOR THEIR
        OWN PERSONAL USE. I am sure Rajinder lives very comfortably from the
        collections of his disciples. All three of them loved and love the
        absolute power they had over their disciples. I agree the diary was
        hell on earth. It kept people tied to every thought and word that was
        not clean. I hated the diary.
      • conrk2002
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2002
          I am enjoying these posts. The masters are frauds. They attract a
          whole lot of needy, desperate people. I was definitely one of them. I
          still have bad memories of them.
        • conrk2002
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2002
            Andreas, congratulations. Keep up the good work.