ABM and Graviola

  • benfordlaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2003
      I subscribe to the HSI newsletter.

      They have made some strong and very desirable claims about two natural
      subsances. I would like a second opinion on them.

      They recently announced Graviola was the cancer cure that Doctors will
      not tell you about. Is it any good?

      Their latest newsletter referred to a book promotion page that had the
      following on it. I traced that they are referring to Agaricus Blazei
      Murill. I looked in Pubmed and their were only 7 reports on it. They
      did not appear to back up the claims below, and yet there are many web
      sites proclaiming it to be wonderful. Again is it any good for
      advanced colon cancer?

      One is at

      http://www.herbalremedies.com/storoflifagb.html

      > Mushroom stunts tumor growth by
      > 90 percent in less than three weeks
      >
      > Piedade's residents are living, breathing evidence of this
      mushroom's
      > power-but researchers wanted more actual proof that it prevents
      > cancer. That proof came when scientists at Japan's University School
      > of Medicine tested the mushroom on cancerous animals and discovered
      > that it: Retarded tumor growth in 9 out of 10 cases-after just 20
      > days! Spurred a recovery rate of over 99 percent!
      >
      > Granted, this doesn't mean humans with cancer will benefit in
      exactly
      > the same way; but then again, there's a whole village of cancer-free
      > Brazilians out there who consume this "food cure" on a regular
      > basis...
      >
      > And if you're fighting cancer-or trying to prevent it-wouldn't you
      > want to include this potent weapon in your arsenal of supplements?
      > The Japanese sure do. In fact, over 300,000 consumers in the land of
      > the rising sun are currently supplementing with it to: Prevent
      cancer
      > (and stop it from recurring) Avoid everyday infections Defeat
      > diabetes Halt hepatitis, and Control heart disease.
      >
      > How does this one little mushroom accomplish all of this?
      >
      > Scientist have discovered that the fungus itself contains a list of
      > components (T-cells, interleukin, macrophages, and others) that
      > stimulate the immune system to fight off bacterial and viral
      > illnesses to: Attack and destroy cells that have been taken over by
      > viruses or cancer Bolster immunity by stimulating growth of white
      > blood cells Activate white blood cells to seek out and fight tumors
      > Protect the body from infection by consuming foreign materials
      >
      > So if this mushroom is packed with such powerful ingredients, and if
      > drug stores in Japan are selling out of this cancer killer, then why
      > aren't Americans using it?

      Robin