Re: Orycon 26

  • davetrow
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1 10:18 AM
      I'm sorry but I just cancelled out of Orycon due to an increased
      workload at my day job. Maybe next year--by which time, I hope Tides
      of Men will have a pub schedule. Sherwood and I intend to complete
      part one and a synopsis between Christmas and New Years and get it off
      to our agent to shop around.

      --- In exordium-l@yahoogroups.com, "Matt P." <spaceace@s...> wrote:
      > I was curious if anyone on the list was going to be at Orycon - the
      > Oregon Science Fiction Convention in Portland. Dave Trowbridge is on
      > the list of panel participants, and scheduled for a reading. Dave, are
      > you reading from Tides of Men again? I missed that when you were at
      > Orycon in 2002 and am hoping I get the chance this time around.
      >
      > -Matt P.
    • davetrow
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1 10:21 AM
        Deborah, Rose, and I will all be at Loscon, along with Oka, since the
        Marriott permits pets. I'm hoping to hook up with a costumer to make
        him a Doc Smith rocket-dog costume (leather and hot jets!); if not at
        Loscon, then at other cons going forward.

        --- In exordium-l@yahoogroups.com, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@e...> wrote:
        > On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:29:23AM -0800, Matt P. wrote:
        > > I was curious if anyone on the list was going to be at Orycon - the
        > > Oregon Science Fiction Convention in Portland. Dave Trowbridge is on
        > > the list of panel participants, and scheduled for a reading.
        Dave, are
        > > you reading from Tides of Men again? I missed that when you were at
        > > Orycon in 2002 and am hoping I get the chance this time around.
        >
        > Alas, no.
        >
        > Is anyone from the list going to make it to Loscon this year?
        > (Los Angeles, Thanksgiving weekend). I'm going. (Also looking
        > for a roommate if anyone's interested.)
        >

        > Tony Z
        > --
        > Economics is not a zero-sum game, and the belief that
        > it is is at the root of all kinds of wickedness and nonsense.
        > --Firebug
      • Christopher Weuve
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1 12:01 PM
          On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:52:14 -0800, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@...>
          wrote:
          > Is anyone from the list going to make it to Loscon this year?
          > (Los Angeles, Thanksgiving weekend). I'm going. (Also looking
          > for a roommate if anyone's interested.)

          Alas, while my employer is following the previously established pattern
          of bi-annual Thanksgiving trips, this year I will be dining ashore in
          Japan. Have fun without me.

          chrisw
        • Tony Zbaraschuk
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1 12:36 PM
            On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 03:01:29PM -0500, Christopher Weuve wrote:
            > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:52:14 -0800, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@...>
            > wrote:
            > > Is anyone from the list going to make it to Loscon this year?
            > > (Los Angeles, Thanksgiving weekend). I'm going. (Also looking
            > > for a roommate if anyone's interested.)
            >
            > Alas, while my employer is following the previously established pattern
            > of bi-annual Thanksgiving trips, this year I will be dining ashore in
            > Japan. Have fun without me.

            Enjoy the fugu!

            Tony Z

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1 12:44 PM
              On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:36:28 -0800, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz@...>
              wrote:
              >> Alas, while my employer is following the previously established pattern
              >> of bi-annual Thanksgiving trips, this year I will be dining ashore in
              >> Japan. Have fun without me.
              >
              > Enjoy the fugu!

              I'd eat it now if it would get me out of this trip. [grin]

              chrisw
              [it's just the stress talking]
            • Matt P.
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1 2:09 PM
                Darn. I Hope things ease up enough that you can make it out next year.
                I'd definitely love to hear that Tides of Men has a publication date!

                -Matt P.