Re: Digest Number 6Subject: Nietzsche (Thus spoke Zartoshtra)

  • Yana Youhana
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 1999
      James,

      I admire your willingness and interest in haveing studied
      ancient religious BUT there is one thing I MUST say here
      and that is, no matter HOW MUCH you study a religion that
      you were not brought-up with from very early childhood,
      you will NOT know it as well as the person who was brought
      up to practice it. And in this case me being Persian/Iranian
      I can strongly tell you that even if you have PHD on anciant
      religions, you would not have as much knowledge as I do on
      "Zartosht" (this is how it is prononced). The problem with
      translating anything anciant to english language, is the word
      completley changes, in some case even it's meaning gets lost.

      At any rate, in the case of Nietzsche, I can assure you he
      meant "Zartosht" the persian prophet! My question was why? :)

      Also, you did not even answer my question in my First e-mail
      so please try to do some research and get back to me.

      Regards,
      Yana