Re: minute's silence

  • Gothologist
    Message 1 of 281 , Oct 17, 2002
      From: "Bill Harris" <valleywestdental@...>
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Fwd: only a minute's silence?
      Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:50:49 -0500

      I fear we may be approaching a true crisis of confidence in the modern
      world. The modern world runs on secularist principles. We are pragmatic
      problem solvers.
      The old world appeals to the faith of the masses and functions poorly. We
      are beginning a conflict that is truly philosophical in nature.
      Interestingly the zealots of the old world recognized the irreparable
      schism before we did.

      **Perhaps we are approaching the fulcrum of Nihilism?
      I do agree with you, though. A crisis has been here, I think, for some time
      now. It has just grown so malignant that it cannot be denied my the vast
      majority any longer.
      "Interestingly the zealots of the old world recognized the irreparable
      schism before we did."
      Yes... but I do not think for the same reason(s) as many of us.
      Horrificly interesting times indeed. I often find myself fascinated yet
      fearful of the outcome.

      ~Rod

      "At play in the fields of the ├╝bermensch."

      =====
      R. Thompson
      History & Philosophy majors
      Anthropology & Deutsch minors
      Indiana University, South Bend campus
      "Archaeology is not just a science, ...it's a way of life"
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shovelbums
    • Mary Jo
      Message 281 of 281 , Dec 28, 2004