Reality Check

  • Lo Ryder
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
      Lo Ryder wrote:
      Damnit all, I had a nice response all written out to eduard and brian and
      hit the back button to look at the full list address and then clicked
      forward to my post and it was gone, which is not the way it usually works.
      That said I apologize with frustration for not responding, maybe later or
      tomorrow, also later.

      Fuck,

      =====
      Anything you get out of it you already had, but if you really think you've
      really got anything, you're just a snake chasing its tail. - Lance Daybreak

      You Sez:
      But what if you think,you had what reality says thst you have; is it really
      yours to HAVE in thIS realm of reasoning.

      Jamar

      Me : I will respond as if this question contains elements of both my
      statement of loss *and* my tag about what you think you have you haven't (so
      to speak).
      The Daybreak qoute is metaphorical and metaphysical, and I think self
      explanatory. But yes I could be delusional and have afalse memory of writing
      a nice long response and then finding that I never did it, but that would
      then negate phenomenology since I am responding to events that never
      happened.

      Also:
      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:14:14 -0700
      From: "Ken Greenfield" <kagey@...>
      Subject: RE: Cartesian Solipsism

      eduard,
      I wholly agree with your reluctance to fall into the mind/body schism.
      In fact, the entire history of philosophy starting with Plato and Aristotle
      centers about the argument concerning whether Ideas (consciousness-subjects)
      or Matter (objects) are primary. Phenomenology does a good job of
      disspelling that false dichotomy.

      Whomever started this thread which said to me, or in response to my
      Cartesian Solipsism post, essentially: "Aha, I see that you meant to
      entertain the Cartesian dualism of mind and matter separation" .
      Well, no I was commenting on the "I think therefore I am"( not the real
      quote but the accepted norm of it) which leads to solipsism. But alas the
      post that really dove into it was never to be a phenomenon, so its existence
      is unimportant.

      Carry on,

      =====
      Anything you get out of it you already had, but if you really think you've really got anything, you're just a snake chasing its tail. - Lance Daybreak

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • eduard
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2002
        Lo Ryder,

        You or whomever have me totally confused as to
        what is being discussed here. Are we discussing
        your ability to have false memories or just being
        a klutz in clicking "back" buttons?? By the way
        ... who is Lance Daybreak??