About Toys?

  • Eean Ess
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2001
      Sorry for the mis-posting.

      This is a fascination group. I've only just started looking onto
      existenialism; I've read "The Stranger" so far. Any suggestions as to what
      to read next?

      Ian
    • Juan Menendez
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
        --- Eean Ess <eeaness@...> wrote:
        > Sorry for the mis-posting.
        >
        > This is a fascination group. I've only just started
        > looking onto
        > existenialism; I've read "The Stranger" so far. Any
        > suggestions as to what
        > to read next?
        >
        > Ian

        Gentlemen:

        A good place to start reading about existentialism is
        William Barret's "Irrational Man," of which there are
        many editions. That book will refer you to the primary
        sources with some guidance.

        Richard, you may want to see a therapist.
        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Brian Calvin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
          Ian:

          I enjoyed The Myth of Sisyphus, I would recommend it;
          that way you can be thoroughly drenched in Camus.
          Also: Anything by Kafka, Dostoevsky, "Fear and
          Trembling" by Soren Kierkegaard, and "Thus spoke
          Zarathustra" by Nietzsche. (All good).

          =====
          sigint echelon sugar grove virginia superphosphate sabana seca puerto rico waihopai new zealand comsat intelsat interception wideband extraction aluminium potassium sulphate signal analysis filtering data processing nitroglycerin facsimile analysis nitrogen trichloride traffic analysis phenol keyword recognition text retrieval topic analysis ammonium hydroxide continuous speech recognition distillate diesel naphthalene red nitric acid ammonium nitrate machine-transcribed speech

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Tim Wasilkus
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
            Ian, try Colin Wilson's, The Outsider. It will give you some good starting points.
          • thebookdoc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2001
              > Richard, you may want to see a therapist.<

              I assume the almighty Gilligan is referring to me?

              Gilly, dear, I believe it would be embarassing for you if the rest of
              the group were to read what you "couldn't comprehend" after asking for
              it and reading it 'several times.' I am willing to leave you alone on
              go peacefully on with my own business (as I had already offered before
              you asked me to say something more). If you will be so kind as to
              leave me out of your public inciting, as it does prompt bad feelings.
              It is in bad taste. And most certainly, it shouldn't be attended in
              public.