RE: [existlist] uhum...

  • eduard
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
      Masoud,

      Hey! I found the Mulla Sadra site at:
      http://www.mullasadra.org/bindex.htm

      I will take a look of some of the stuff he has
      said. It should be interesting to delve into
      Islamic philosophy.

      My own philosophy is that of NOOism which is based
      upon the individual and global mind. Thoughts are
      transmitted through the society as "memes" [rhymes
      with "seems"]. A meme is an information pattern,
      held in an individual's memory, which is capable
      of being copied to another individual's memory.
      "Memetics" is the theoretical and empirical
      science that studies the replication, spread and
      evolution of memes.

      Since the outside world is known to us through
      interpretation ... that is, of the brain ... then
      the thought process is of prime importance.
      NOOism considers things like religion as being
      fantasies, yet recognizes that they are of
      inherent benefit to the survival of an individual
      or a society.

      My NOOism site is at:
      http://nooism.homestead.com/

      At this time, the site is undergoing a major
      revision ... specifically for the "Book of NOO".

      Anyway, it is good hear another voice here,
      Masoud. Please jump in whenever you feel it is
      convenient.