Re: [existlist] word

  • Sa'am Atomma Indraka
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
      How about "Matrices"

      >I am looking for a word ...
      >
      >Something that is descriptive of the our
      >interconnectiveness in the universe. The word
      >"Matrix" would be ideal, but it has already been
      >used for the movie and therefore carries a certain
      >amount of baggage which would not be desirable for
      >this purpose.
      >
      >The word "Tao" is too abstract or at least not
      >suitable for the Western mind.
      >
      >Lets put it this way ... when you look at the all
      >the stars in the heavens, what is the thing that
      >might be considered as the sort of web that
      >connects us with these stars. Or if you look at a
      >chipmunk ... what is the name of the thing that
      >connects you with the chipmunk and all other forms
      >of life on the planet.
      >
      >I visualize lines of consciousness between myself
      >and all these things and if I could stand back for
      >a moment I would see all these lines forming a
      >complex web in three dimensions. But what would
      >this complex web be called??
      >
      >eduard

    • eduard
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
        Sa'am Atomma Indraka,

        <<< How about "Matrices">>>

        Thanks ... I appreciate the effort. "Matrices",
        however, has the same base as "Matrix" ... that
        is, the Latin for mother or womb.

        It is hard to explain, but I am searching for
        something that carries a sense of personal
        volition. "Matrix" or "Matices" has the
        connotation of linkage itself ... the thing that
        links. One could imagine a sort of complex of
        laser beams that go from one point to another.
        Lets try to simplify it by looking at only one
        linkage. Say between yourself and flying eagle.
        In looking at the eagle, you project yourself
        towards it to make the connection. What is the
        word that describes this act of connection.

        Perhaps there isn't a word that is suitable and it
        has to be invented. Or maybe it is already in
        some religions ...

        eduard
      • Sa'am Atomma Indraka
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
          "nexus" Sounds good and looks good too.
          Be Well

          >Sa'am Atomma Indraka,
          >
          ><<< How about "Matrices">>>
          >
          >Thanks ... I appreciate the effort. "Matrices",
          >however, has the same base as "Matrix" ... that
          >is, the Latin for mother or womb.
          >
          >It is hard to explain, but I am searching for
          >something that carries a sense of personal
          >volition. "Matrix" or "Matices" has the
          >connotation of linkage itself ... the thing that
          >links. One could imagine a sort of complex of
          >laser beams that go from one point to another.
          >Lets try to simplify it by looking at only one
          >linkage. Say between yourself and flying eagle.
          >In looking at the eagle, you project yourself
          >towards it to make the connection. What is the
          >word that describes this act of connection.
          >
          >Perhaps there isn't a word that is suitable and it
          >has to be invented. Or maybe it is already in
          >some religions ...
          >
          >eduard

          >(Includes community book list, chat, and more.)
          >
          >TO UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to:

        • eduard
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
            Sa'am Atomma Indraka,

            <<< "nexus" Sounds good and looks good too. >>>

            I like it. And it has that esoteric feel to it.

            thanks muchly ... Now I have to see how it fits
            into the philosophy of NOOism ... so far so good