Play production, store, life

  • Exist List Moderator
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2002
      I thought I might rudely engage in self-promotion after the fact...

      During the last month I had one of my plays, "The Garden," produced locally.
      What makes this interesting is that "existentialism" was mentioned in both
      the Fresno Bee and the Times-Delta comments on the production.

      I find it interesting that merely because characters struggle with
      inner-truth the reviewers use the term "existential" when I never thought of
      the work as such. Mainly, it's about a widowed gardener wondering if/when
      it's too late to find love again. Silly me.

      Anyway, the bookstore moves along. If anyone cares, the photos are
      up-to-date and I'll post more each month or so. Having an artist on staff is
      a lot of fun.

      More plays planned, and now I can likely post the scripts or something. I'm
      not sure what the union allows and doesn't. More importantly, I like the
      concept of getting royalties.

      So, what is "existential" and what is mere introspection? What is the
      difference?

      - C. S. Wyatt
      http://www.tameri.com/csw
      http://www.visaliabooks.com