re: an excellent author

  • Dan Bernard
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2002
      Hi, Oliver and everybody:

      Thanks, Oliver, for your heads-up on Eric Maisel's next book, The Van Gogh
      Blues. I too like his work very much and I love his free monthly email
      creativity newsletter. If you don't subscribe to it yet, you can get it by
      subscribing at his website, http://www.ericmaisel.com or, even easier, by
      sending a blank email to creativitynewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
      (That's a hyphen in there.) His newsletter is really terrific.

      Best,

      Dan

    • Exist List Moderator
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2002
        I thought I might rudely engage in self-promotion after the fact...

        During the last month I had one of my plays, "The Garden," produced locally.
        What makes this interesting is that "existentialism" was mentioned in both
        the Fresno Bee and the Times-Delta comments on the production.

        I find it interesting that merely because characters struggle with
        inner-truth the reviewers use the term "existential" when I never thought of
        the work as such. Mainly, it's about a widowed gardener wondering if/when
        it's too late to find love again. Silly me.

        Anyway, the bookstore moves along. If anyone cares, the photos are
        up-to-date and I'll post more each month or so. Having an artist on staff is
        a lot of fun.

        More plays planned, and now I can likely post the scripts or something. I'm
        not sure what the union allows and doesn't. More importantly, I like the
        concept of getting royalties.

        So, what is "existential" and what is mere introspection? What is the
        difference?

        - C. S. Wyatt
        http://www.tameri.com/csw
        http://www.visaliabooks.com