hello?

  • ds
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 1999
      Is anyone else on this list alive? I've only gotten one e-mail in 2 weeks
      from this list
    • Matt Kirby
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 1999
        I hear you bud, I am shocked that this list is so inactive, but if you are
        looking for a conversation, I am open, just name the topic. Tell me why you
        joined and existentialism list?
        Kirby..
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 1999
          I am still ruminating on the last post. I am trying to figure out
          "responsibility. You know? What the fuck is that anyway? Would that be
          like "understanding" or "obligation"? Or will? So, genetically, stupidity
          could be an excuse. Or an innate apathy. We have a liability for taking
          responsibility so we don't ruin other's chance at what we failed to take
          responsibility for? Does the government bare the burden of an epidemic
          blame-game by imposing a lose of more freedoms?
          > I hear you bud, I am shocked that this list is so inactive, but if you are
          > looking for a conversation, I am open, just name the topic. Tell me why
          you
          > joined and existentialism list?
          > Kirby..

        • Brandon Roshto
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 1999
            On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, hank alphonse wrote:

            > From: "hank alphonse" <surdbird@...>
            >
            > I am still ruminating on the last post. I am trying to figure out
            > "responsibility. You know? What the fuck is that anyway? Would that be
            > like "understanding" or "obligation"? Or will? So, genetically, stupidity
            > could be an excuse. Or an innate apathy. We have a liability for taking
            > responsibility so we don't ruin other's chance at what we failed to take
            > responsibility for? Does the government bare the burden of an epidemic
            > blame-game by imposing a lose of more freedoms?

            haven't written anything lately b/c I haven't had anything authentic to
            say in those specific moments in time when ya'll were checking e-mail.
            I'm not feeling to creative to day either (I've just finished a systems
            and theories test:Hobbes Locke, Berkeley, Hume, Hartley, J. Mill, J.S.
            Mill, A. Bain, Spinoza, Melebranche, Leibnez, Kant, Hegel, Rousseau,
            Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Gassendi, de la Mattrie, Condallac, Compt, Mach,
            Gall, Spurzheim, Fowler, Helmholtze, Kinnerbrook, Bessel, Muller,
            Galvani, Hering, Broca, Florens, Fechner) but I kinda feel obligated to
            speak. If ya'll wanta talk about one of these
            guys right now I'd probably shoot myself in the head. However I did speak
            a little of Kierkegaard and Nietzcshe, but those people I respect. Let me
            spit out a quote since I feel obligated to. This from from the good ole
            W.S.B. "Fuck 'em all, squares on both sides, I am the
            only complete individual in the industry" What do you think? >
            Brandon (in the mist of an existential crisis)