Re: [existlist] Re: On being, nothingness, and the existence of Gillians...

  • Edward Alf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12 2:48 PM
      hi Juan et al,

      i would suggest that we all need gods ... and certainly other than money,
      power and fame ... these latter things are fleeting ...

      money, power and fame are not abstract, but rather very concrete objects of
      desire ... it is the abstract that we have difficulty with ... things like
      "salvation" and "kingdom of heaven" ... they may have been understood in
      times gone past, but there is no meaning applicable to today's world ...
      our mainline religions have not kept up with change ... the scientist is not
      the culprit in all this ... he/she is only trying to reveal the process of
      thinking not what is thought ....

      you seem to have a very dark view of the world ... there is more to life
      then just sitting around and having a good time ... there is wonderment in
      the universe ... things that make sense and have a logic ... and beauty ...
      take a moment and look up Phyllotaxis on the internet ...

      at this time i dont know the words to adequately express the concept of god
      or even of the desire for god, but i know it exists and can be rewarding

      regards

      eduard