Re: [existlist] what is human-Sharon and George.

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 26 5:02 PM
      Technically, I can fathom at which points Sharon is correct here. The human
      brain-as organ of constructing autonomy-is nothing without the body. I
      express myself and become a self through the use of my( the brains use of
      the) body in the world. The continuity of the "Tony" ego necessities a world
      to reside in or a place to continue what George called the "ceaselessly
      reconstructed sense of 'I'."

      I think this is along the lines of a M-P response.

      However, the processes of the human brain supplemented by their very use in
      reality is human existence. The human cognitive system is beautiful in its
      efficiency and eloquence. Let us appreciate consciousness for itself not for
      our imaginative interpretations of it. Enjoy the dust.

      One more thing, -George-

      "I, on the other hand, make the suggestion that "who"
      "I" "am" is never more than the day to day
      reconstruction of "reality" by a profoundly fragmented
      and contingency laden ego."

      That is a prodigious statement. Though you should clarify the phrase "day to
      day." Do I reconstruct voluntarily or is this responsibility abdicated and
      deferred to a cognitive process?

      Sincerely,
      Tony.

      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 1, 2002
        Chris,

        " In the future, all scanned persons will have 15
        minutes of successful operation."
        .... Bill Gates