Re: [existlist] Human nature

  • Edward Alf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
      Matt,

      i think that ultimately, when you get down to it, the mind is simply a bunch
      of neurons firing away in response to sensing the outside world ... religion
      and spirituality is our way of interpretation which helps us to survive ...
      existentialism is another interpretation .. whether or not it is a good
      interpretation depends upon how well it allows us to live ... if you wished
      to think that humans came from an alien source in a some far distant galaxy
      ... and that makes things better for you ... then that is also a good
      interpretation ... where we have run into a problem is that we might wish to
      force others to have the same interpretation and this leads to inquisitions
      and burnings on the cross ...

      regards and have fun