Hive Humanity

  • Taco ?
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 1999
      >These actions aren't caused by "the inherent drawbacks of the body
      >machine." None of the people involved in those cases had physical problems
      >which caused them to react the way they did. I had a professor once who
      >told us, again and again, that humans are not naturally altruistic; we
      >naturally behave in ways that will benefit us to save our own hides (or our
      >offspring --- propogation of the species and such).

      This is true, in part; but humans are also subject to intropunitive
      forces. What I mean is, an individual human being has a natural appitite for
      an active role in society; and when an individual is no longer of use to the
      social organism, the individual's immune system begins to fail. Part of
      self-satisfaction is knowing that you have satisfied others. To fail in this
      is to come a little closer to death.f the immune system starts failing, the
      cause of death will appear as something else more often than not.
      Unfortuantly, most statistitians(sp) blame the disease, and don't think to
      examine the events in a person's life before the onset of the disease, but
      that may be changing soon.
      Pure selfishness and total individualism is a myth concocted by
      sufficiantly neurotic religous ascetics, hermits, and myopic philosophers
      (like Ayn Rand etc., although I, by no means, wish to totally condemn her
      and others, just aspects).

      "Altruism" is a meme that the social-organisum often uses to regulate
      it's growth.

      If the immune system starts failing, the cause of death will appear as
      something else more often than not.

      Read Howard Bloom's "The Lucifer Principle". It's one of the best books
      written in a long time. All of the documentation for what I've mentioned can
      be found in that book.