Re: [existlist] Existential Absurdity

  • Paul R Turner
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2001
      I'm not familiar with John Barth. But Albert Camus put forward the notion of the Absurd. Life is absurd, but this is not a negative statement as many who misunderstand existentialism believe it to be. It is acceptance. On this theme see particularly The Myth of Sisyphus and to a lesser extent The Stranger/The Outsider (name depending on whether you are in the States or the UK respectively).

      Hope this helps. Good Luck