Re: [existlist] New to the group, new to the philosophy

  • Paul R Turner
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2001
      I disagree. Only if the book to which you refer involves a HISTORY of the changing use of concepts and terminology. For example Nietzsche has been accused of being a 'strong textualist', re-defining the previously accepted terms that proceeded him (this was of course part of his dissatisfaction with academic philosophy).

      Literature is an immediate introduction into the DISCUSSION of existentialism not the SOLILOQUY of definite conceptulisations.