  • james tan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      to save urself the frustration of having all ur hours of writing deleted
      (without being consulted!), what u could do is to get into the email
      platform, then disconnect the internet connection, (think and) write, select
      all, copy and paste into another platform (such as microsoft word) when
      finished, then reconnect. if a message is sent that ur post is sent, then it
      is sent. if not, for whatever technical reasons, then ur microsoft word
      backup is still there. if the 'essay' is long, it could really worth the
      effort of just copy and paste. hope this helps.

      james.

      From: swmirsky@...
      To: WisdomForum@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [WisdomForum] Re: A Rationalist's Guide to Religion
      Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:07:19 EDT

      We tend to write far too much on this forum, I fear. On-line reading is not
      the best forum for essay-type material. I know as my eyes are frequently
      killing me after I've put a little time in doing some of the responses I've
      had to do. But worse, I've found that in some cases I've actually lost hours
      worth of writing when my ISP kicked me off before I'd finished penning some
      of the missives I've tried to do for this list. It's very challenging, to
      say
      the least. So I'm trying to move toward shorter posts! -- SWM