[existlist] Human nature

  • Mongrel Dog
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2001
      Ed~
      "the human brain is "wired" for religion and god ... that is
      perhaps being too specific and you may wish to say simply that one's brain
      is inclined to spirituality"

      This is dual argument: are we spiritual beings condensed to the physical, or
      physical beings with ethreal aspirations?
      My life is a hazy dream, things are so beautifull but vague; there is
      nothing for my mind to cling to, subsequently I am often bewildered by
      others surety of thought on a subject.

      And for those who wish to unsubscibe: do it yourself, it's not that
      difficult. If there is little related information/discussion start one
      yourselves or contribute.

      Matt.
    • Mongrel Dog

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
          Matt,

          i think that ultimately, when you get down to it, the mind is simply a bunch
          of neurons firing away in response to sensing the outside world ... religion
          and spirituality is our way of interpretation which helps us to survive ...
          existentialism is another interpretation .. whether or not it is a good
          interpretation depends upon how well it allows us to live ... if you wished
          to think that humans came from an alien source in a some far distant galaxy
          ... and that makes things better for you ... then that is also a good
          interpretation ... where we have run into a problem is that we might wish to
          force others to have the same interpretation and this leads to inquisitions
          and burnings on the cross ...

          regards and have fun