Re: [existlist] EX!ST

  • james tan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 8:02 PM
      well bill, is THAT ur idea of action?!!

      james.

      From: "Bill Harris" <valleywestdental@...>
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [existlist] EX!ST
      Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:12:28 -0500

      Go james, go torture a fly. Bill
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: james tan
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 7:10 PM

      quite valid pt, i think. life on the existlist (or any discussion forum)
      is
      too reflective, whereas the existential life is more action oriented.

      james.

      From: damiensscreename@...
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [existlist] EX!ST
      Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 06:13:03 EDT

      It suddenly dawned on me after getting up from watching a couple of hours
      of
      advertising broking up by segements of mundane television programming and
      checking my long forgotten email address with an obscene amount of mail,
      that
      perhaps we are all wasting our precious time. Maybe we should get out,
      have
      an adventure, do something we might get arrested for, stop paying rent,
      hop
      freight train, go to the beach in the middle of the night and swim naked
      for
      absolutely no reason but for the experience or, god forbid, turn off our
      televisions? If we are thrown into this world with nothing but free will
      and
      are pitted against the task of creating an essence out of our existence,
      then
      what the hell are we doing letting our lives be determined by the good
      people
      at the comedy central programming department. My suggestion is that
      perhaps
      when we realize that patterns, repititions, predictability and the
      downright
      boring are to be avoided, that there are things outside the office and
      the
      living room, that life is to be lived, not watched on television, or,
      discussed via the internet, that will signify the most fulfilling period
      of
      our lives.
      Reclaim your life from the mundane in whichever way suits you best.
      Damien

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor