Re: marketing bean and cabbage

  • elbookdoc
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 1, 2002
      You fear hallucination while I see it as unattainable...Like all else
      some are more prone to such experience. I think, perhaps you are.>>

      Not entirely...I think I went a tad too far.

      I'm not interested in actively seeking uncontrolled hallucination. I
      can fairly easily slide into a state where I can 'envision' things --
      but not with my eyes open. Nothing that is telling or savant, just
      interesting, segues of images, like a waking dream, or a vivid
      memory. Was a practice for creative behavior to let go of a level of
      control.

      I think because I can do it, I would not enjoy losing ultimate
      control of it to a drug. Never happens when I don't invoke it, and
      perhaps it is self deception. The classroom experiment was
      controlled, till I lost my balance. It was a simple extension of
      practicing floating, which was essentially reducing feeling to
      nothingness via meditation/deep relaxation and then thinking of
      different weighting for gravity. I've accidentally scared someone in
      relaxed state when my suggestion for floating was perhapsa little
      over zealous. Immediately brought them out, and a second later, the
      breath was back...Things you might have time to do as a college
      student...

      Perhaps I can teach you to hallucinate bill...Personally, I think it
      happens spontaneously to most people, and they never notice.

      Guava Fields
      -----------------------
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 3, 2004
        Sois sage, o ma Douleur, et tiens-toi plus tranquille.
        Tu reclamais le Soir; il descend; le voici:
        Une atmosphere obscure enveloppe la ville,
        Aux uns portant la paix, aux autres le souci.

        Pendant que des mortels la multitude vile,
        Sous le fouet du Plaisir, ce bourreau sans merci,
        Va cueillir des remords dans la fete servile,
        Ma Douleur, donne-moi la main; viens par ici,

        Loin d'eux. Vois se pencher les defuntes Annees,
        Sur les balcons du ciel, en robes surannees;
        Surgir du fond des eaux le Regret souriant;

        Le Soleil moribond s'endormir sous une arche,
        Et, comme un long linceul trainant a l'Orient,
        Entends, ma chere, entends la douce Nuit qui marche.

        Charles Baudelaire, 'Recueillement', published for the first time in
        1861, in the Revue europeenne, a few months after the second edition
        of Fleurs du Mal, in which collection the poem now appears (Editions
        Garnier Freres, Paris 1961 - introduction and notes by Antoine Adam).
        "Le 6 mai il ecrivait a sa mere: <<Je suis seul, sans amis, sans
        maitresse, sans chien et sans chat, a qui me plaindre>> ...
        'Recueillement' est d'abord le cri de douleur du solitaire."

        the faith i have is in subjectivity as presented by Climacus; it is
        that - the faith/subjectivity which i await as informing a future
        myself of the philosophical relevance of these beautiful lines.

        Louise