Re: [existlist] Re: marketing beans

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 1, 2002
      Bookdoc, In my earlier years I actively sought hallucination. I never succeeded. I was cubed on acid but had no visual or auditory hallucinations. The whole unpleasant business stayed in my mind. It was like a bad, repeating sequence of thoughts that I had a hard time breaking up. I knew one of the early therapies for schizoid delusion was hot and cold baths so I used hot and cold showers to break up the cyclic process. LSD sucks as far as I am concerned.
      The movie brings out the remarkable likeness to experienced reality schizoid delusions produce. The idea that both scripts could be running at the same time in the same mind was truly remarkable to me. That our mind can create a wholly integrated, only perceived reality is to me verging on the impossible. You see that would be my viewpoint because I cannot achieve it. The dull calm of meditation is a far cry from a Technicolor of co perception. Again and again it comes back to viewpoint. I cannot share your absurdist viewpoint, I cannot even support a duality. You fear hallucination while I see it as unattainable. A psychiatrist said he had what he would describe as a schizoid break under the influence of LSD. Like all else some are more prone to such experience. I think, perhaps you are. I would think that propensity would predispose you to your absurdist philosophy. Bill PS did you know spellcheck does not recognise "absurdist" ---Sue the bastards.
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 3, 2004
        Sois sage, o ma Douleur, et tiens-toi plus tranquille.
        Tu reclamais le Soir; il descend; le voici:
        Une atmosphere obscure enveloppe la ville,
        Aux uns portant la paix, aux autres le souci.

        Pendant que des mortels la multitude vile,
        Sous le fouet du Plaisir, ce bourreau sans merci,
        Va cueillir des remords dans la fete servile,
        Ma Douleur, donne-moi la main; viens par ici,

        Loin d'eux. Vois se pencher les defuntes Annees,
        Sur les balcons du ciel, en robes surannees;
        Surgir du fond des eaux le Regret souriant;

        Le Soleil moribond s'endormir sous une arche,
        Et, comme un long linceul trainant a l'Orient,
        Entends, ma chere, entends la douce Nuit qui marche.

        Charles Baudelaire, 'Recueillement', published for the first time in
        1861, in the Revue europeenne, a few months after the second edition
        of Fleurs du Mal, in which collection the poem now appears (Editions
        Garnier Freres, Paris 1961 - introduction and notes by Antoine Adam).
        "Le 6 mai il ecrivait a sa mere: <<Je suis seul, sans amis, sans
        maitresse, sans chien et sans chat, a qui me plaindre>> ...
        'Recueillement' est d'abord le cri de douleur du solitaire."

        the faith i have is in subjectivity as presented by Climacus; it is
        that - the faith/subjectivity which i await as informing a future
        myself of the philosophical relevance of these beautiful lines.

        Louise