Re: [existlist] Re: tripping in the supermarket

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 1 8:22 AM
      Bookdoc, I watched "Beautiful Mind" for the first time this weekend. Was too cheap to go to the theatre so did the DVD. Mind you I am not suggesting you schizophrenic. The irrational nature of illusion would seem an appropriate topic to explore with you. A psychiatrist who was an instructor suggested it is not a split personality but a shattered personality. Many illusions destroy the reality of these patients and the entry of the illusions is uncontrolled. It is not that they do not trust the sensual imput and perception, it is that they cannot tell the operant sensations from the delusional. Two questions: Have you seen the film? Do you operate in altered states, IE, meditation, auto hypnosis, relaxation therapy, hypnosis, yoga ? Bill
      Message 37 of 37 , Jun 3, 2004
        Sois sage, o ma Douleur, et tiens-toi plus tranquille.
        Tu reclamais le Soir; il descend; le voici:
        Une atmosphere obscure enveloppe la ville,
        Aux uns portant la paix, aux autres le souci.

        Pendant que des mortels la multitude vile,
        Sous le fouet du Plaisir, ce bourreau sans merci,
        Va cueillir des remords dans la fete servile,
        Ma Douleur, donne-moi la main; viens par ici,

        Loin d'eux. Vois se pencher les defuntes Annees,
        Sur les balcons du ciel, en robes surannees;
        Surgir du fond des eaux le Regret souriant;

        Le Soleil moribond s'endormir sous une arche,
        Et, comme un long linceul trainant a l'Orient,
        Entends, ma chere, entends la douce Nuit qui marche.

        Charles Baudelaire, 'Recueillement', published for the first time in
        1861, in the Revue europeenne, a few months after the second edition
        of Fleurs du Mal, in which collection the poem now appears (Editions
        Garnier Freres, Paris 1961 - introduction and notes by Antoine Adam).
        "Le 6 mai il ecrivait a sa mere: <<Je suis seul, sans amis, sans
        maitresse, sans chien et sans chat, a qui me plaindre>> ...
        'Recueillement' est d'abord le cri de douleur du solitaire."

        the faith i have is in subjectivity as presented by Climacus; it is
        that - the faith/subjectivity which i await as informing a future
        myself of the philosophical relevance of these beautiful lines.

        Louise