Re: [existlist] Re: Meditation and the dark side

  • laneyluv18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2002
      Eduard,
      I tend to agree with you that meditation and dreams on a subconscious level
      do not involve any deep thought. Meditation is precisely involved with
      eliminating thought and just being. Dreams and meditation both serve to be
      escapes from the world (I won't say reality) around us. I would be interested
      to hear what you are thinking about investigating with "the dark side." Are
      you looking at it from a psychological perspective too?
      -Lena

    • Eduard Alf
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 27, 2002
        Lena,

        I am not sure if I am looking at from a
        psychological perspective ... just the idea that
        we have programmed neurons that are separate from
        our everyday thinking neurons. I am starting from
        the point of looking at myself and my neurons.
        Since I have found from experience that I am not
        unique, this study of myself should be extendable
        to others. Right now I am beginning to think that
        there are several levels of neural processing.
        Anyway it is an interesting subject.

        By the way, I am an electrical engineer and not a
        psychologist ....

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
          <<I have found from experience that I am not
          > unique>>

          You mean you and I are exactly alike?

          Frightening.com
          ----------------------
        • Eduard Alf
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
            Dear Frightening.com

            scary, isn't it .....:-))

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
              > Dear Frightening.com
              >
              > scary, isn't it .....:-))

              But unless we are quite insane, which is an exception, which you
              don't like, how is it that we never agree on anything, and as an
              individual who is unified and exactly the same as himself, we should
              be able to accomplish this without visits to the psychiatrist and
              drugs which may be thought to imbalance our balance, or otherwise
              alter our perception which you say is perfect and which I say is not.

              There's a sentence
              ---------------------------
            • Eduard Alf
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
                Dear There's a sentence,

                All things are one within the Tao ....

                But you can still be the imperfect side ... don't
                fret ....

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
                  Eduard,

                  As philosophers go, you make a great electrical
                  engineer.

                  But you keep plugging away at it and that is all that
                  really matters, eh?

                  Biggie

                  http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com