Yukio

  • Chloe Fehr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2001
      Hello,

      Lately I have found myself reading a slew of books by the Japanese author,
      Yukio Mishima. Although he is seldom, if ever, dubbed an existentialist, his
      work really evokes Sartre and Camus...has anyone else noticed this?

      Julia: I would highly recommend Sartre's Nausea. It was the very first
      existential novel that I read and I fell inlove with the...weariness that it
      expressed. Mind you, it lefted me depressed and disenchanted but for such an
      incredible read, it well worth it!

      Chloe