Nooism for Eduard

  • clickhereforinsignificance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2002
      Eduard,
      So I spent a few moments today and I came to the realization that
      Nooism as you describe it, needs to mostly be explored from an
      empirical perspective not so much in a first person cognitive. Here
      is a link discussing the neural perspective. I find it akin to
      bringing in atoms to the table on a discussion of morality. Not
      irrelavent.. but somewhat a little further from the beef so to speak.
      I suspect eventually we will be able to genetically engineer into us
      what to believe but interestingly it still leaves us with the dilemma
      why we should do it... aside from creating a self fulfilling prophesy.

      http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPage.taf?
      file=/nature/journal/v402/n6761supp/full/402c35a0_fs.html