Re: An explaination of today and probably tomorrow

  • daniel_needles
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2002
      > No offense is is intended to anyone.

      None taken.

      > I'm trying to explain a point
      > through demonstration of that point. As we exist it appears day-to-
      > day (perhaps even moment to moment) we are redefining words and
      > phrases. I am doing it in fast forward just to examine this a
      little
      > closer and to see what you make of it.

      Agreed.

      > If it is difficult to
      > understand... it's quite natural. Confusion, insanity... .whatever
      > word you choose to call it... is within us all. We choose to make
      > choices that we call 'reasonable' because we wish to continue to
      live
      > in our society. Reasonable is what our society has defined. If we
      > pursue these inner thoughts... we risk forever losing ourselves in
      > them and becoming 'unreasonable'

      Perhaps because it goes against the current paradigm, the set of
      assumptions we currently pursue truth by as dictated by science
      (which continues to make good strides into the arena.)

      > I choose to believe that another level of reason exists here
      > though.... that I can bring back and articulate to a more
      > conventional reason.

      Well, what is it?

      > Why should I bother? Because for better or worse I can't help
      > myself from tryng to doing so. It's the only honest answer I can
      give.

      You sound like Darwin in Origin of Species. It took him so long to
      get to his thesis because he was busy appologizing. We have the
      advantage that this is interactive. Spit it out and we'll sort out
      the pieces later 8~)