The 21th Century and beyond

  • clickhereforinsignificance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2002
      We are constantly being bombarded by information. And our brain is
      constantly trying to place it into some sort of context. We file it
      away in some chemical cabinet in our brains to hopefully find some
      use for it later that will help our survival.

      When someone creates a verbal/writen construct they are attempting
      to convince others (and perhaps themselves) of their perspective of
      reality. However, what in fact they are saying is simply they're
      perspective that is peppered with influences from their conditioning.

      I child has little idea of what is logical or illogical from a
      moral/humanistic perspective. They simply observe and adopt the
      practices that they are comfortable with as they are programmed by
      their culture. If they refuse to adapt they will be scorned by their
      society. That is what Existentialism focuses on... on our current
      society and our interactions and choices within it. However, there is
      a bigger picture happening here. Society is not some stagnate object
      that does not evolve. One can communicate to societies of the future
      albeit at possibly cost to the present.

      Hello there.

      ~ Intelligence is simply the ability to convince others of the
      superiority or similarity of your position.