Re: [existlist] Information request

  • Laurence Cooper
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2001

      >Hello....
      > It is only my opinion, but, the best introductory text for
      >existentialist
      >study would be Sartre's 'Being and Nothingness'...
      >Again, only my opinion... I could be wrong.
      >
      > Tony

      I'm sure it's very good but is it not a bit long? I was looking for a good
      introductory text and I considered Being and Nothingness but chose instead
      Sartres 'Essays on Existentialism' the first of which, the humanism of
      existentialism, i enjoyed particularly.

      Laurence

    • Laurence Cooper
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2001
        I guess I should have said 'particularly enjoyed', but you know what I mean.
        :)

      • m k
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2001
          I would agree that "Beng and Nothingness" is an excellent work. Also, I
          would recommend to anyone to read "Either/Or" By Kierkergaard.

          Marlene