Re: [existlist] blah

  • Gareb20@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
      Marlene:

      Oh boy sorrows of young Werter, I read that four years ago, how depressing,
      nothing like a love triangle where the hero wants to kill himself throughout
      the whole novel.

      Lou
    • m k
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2001
        Hey Lou,

        Sorrows was rather sorrowful, indeed. Especially considering I'd just had
        my poor little heart broken. :)

        Marlene

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2001
          Marlene:

          Well then you could relate to young Werter, just make sure you put the
          pistols out of sight.

          Lou
        • m k
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2001
            Lou,

            No need to worry! I'm all better! :) I watched Wings of Desire a few times,
            and that fixed me right up.

            Marlene

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2001
              Marlene:

              I'm very happy to hear that! Have fun reading Goethe!

              Lou
            • Cloviezen@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 14, 2001
                To M-

                      Life's not that depressing.  When I read about how bleak life can be
                sometimes, it just makes me want to make more out of my life.  The way I see
                it, since there's no afterlife and this is my only time to enjoy myself, I'm
                going to do what I want and have a lot of fun (while remaining a moral
                being).  The more other people get bogged down, the more I see what is
                possible; it's like watching the Jerry Springer show (although I've only seen
                it twice), doesn't it make you feel better to know how much worse off you
                could be?  I always say things could be worse-you could be dead!  That is an
                optimistic view in my case.

                Shamrock, Clov

                P.S.  I believe I haven't introduced myself yet to this list, I'm interested
                in existentialism, and I'd like to understand humanism more.  I welcome any
                response!
              • m k
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 16, 2001
                  Thanks Clov!

                  I agree with you about that! I am usually so optimisitc...I was having a
                  bad day, and reading too much "if you rely on people they will always let
                  you down, and if you attatch yourself to someone they will at some point go
                  away, and everything ends at some point, and what does it matter..etc"
                  stuff. :) Feeling better now...

                  Marlene

                  >From: Cloviezen@...
                  >To: existlist@egroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [existlist] blah
                  >Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:46:28 EST
                  >
                  >To M-
                  >
                  > Life's not that depressing. When I read about how bleak life can
                  >be
                  >sometimes, it just makes me want to make more out of my life. The way I
                  >see
                  >it, since there's no afterlife and this is my only time to enjoy myself,
                  >I'm
                  >going to do what I want and have a lot of fun (while remaining a moral
                  >being). The more other people get bogged down, the more I see what is
                  >possible; it's like watching the Jerry Springer show (although I've only
                  >seen
                  >it twice), doesn't it make you feel better to know how much worse off you
                  >could be? I always say things could be worse-you could be dead! That is
                  >an
                  >optimistic view in my case.
                  >
                  >Shamrock, Clov
                  >
                  >P.S. I believe I haven't introduced myself yet to this list, I'm
                  >interested
                  >in existentialism, and I'd like to understand humanism more. I welcome any
                  >response!

                • OrAgAnOn
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 14, 2003
                    WORDS EXPRESSING ABSTRACT RELATIONS