Research Paper

  • gradstudent022002
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 6, 2002
      Hi There,
      I am new to this list and am hoping for some help. I am a grad
      student in counseling and working on a research paper. I need
      current journal articles and/or printed sources on Existentialist
      Therapy and how it might be applied in multicultural counseling. I
      have been to PsychINFO--not much there. Can anyone help?
      THanks!
      Elizabeth
    • adam robertson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 7, 2002
        Re-read freud!

        Adam

        >From: "gradstudent022002" <elizabethjesse@...>
        >To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [existlist] Research Paper
        >Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 23:32:17 -0000
        >
        >Hi There,
        >I am new to this list and am hoping for some help. I am a grad
        >student in counseling and working on a research paper. I need
        >current journal articles and/or printed sources on Existentialist
        >Therapy and how it might be applied in multicultural counseling. I
        >have been to PsychINFO--not much there. Can anyone help?
        >THanks!
        >Elizabeth

      • Elizabeth Jesse
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 7, 2002
          Why???
          >I am new to this list and am hoping for some help. I am a grad
          >student in counseling and working on a research paper. I need
          >current journal articles and/or printed sources on Existentialist
          >Therapy and how it might be applied in multicultural counseling. I
          >have been to PsychINFO--not much there. Can anyone help?
          >THanks!
          >Elizabeth

        • nick a
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 7, 2002
            Freudian psychoanalysts spend 5-6 years reading freud only after 8 years of
            college...Maybe it's a good measure...

            There is that question again.... "Why?" Hehehehe

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 7, 2002
              Elizabeth,

              The introduction to Sartre's "Being and
              Nothingness" is full of quotations that might be
              hellpfull on your research paper. This book can't
              just be read; it have to be studied. Spencer, they
              say, look at the first
              two pages of Kant's Critique of Pure Reason and
              then threw it away and based his whole philosophy
              on
              pure observation only to be refuted by Bergson
              afterwards. Darwing and Marx, however, spend their
              whole
              lives looking for a more acceptable answer
              sacrificing indeed their health and life in search
              for the true,
              which is nowhere. I think that Nietzsche will be
              more appropiate to start off. He saw Voltaire as
              the
              "laughing lion" that the enlightment need it.

              Charles

              >I am new to this list and am hoping for some
              help. I am a grad
              >student in counseling and working on a research
              paper. I need
              >current journal articles and/or printed sources
              on Existentialist
              >Therapy and how it might be applied in
              multicultural counseling. I
              >have been to PsychINFO--not much there. Can
              anyone help?
              >THanks!
              >Elizabeth

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              removed]

            • Justin Orndorff
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 7, 2002
                Hey,

                The following should steer you towards your goal:

                James Bugenthal - The Search For Existential Identity
                Rollo May - Existence, et all
                May & Schneider - The Psychology of Existence
                Irvin Yalom - Existential Psychotherapy

                Depending on the scope the paper you might want to check out the foundations
                of exist. psych. including Merleau-Ponty, Freud, Husserl, Heidegger and
                Nietzsche. All of the following can be found in the above textbook by May &
                Schneider, which features tons more in the way of links to relevant sources
                and is the most all-encompassing text on existential psychology I've come
                across.

                Regards,

                Justin

                "Nature loves to hide" - Heraclitus

              • Kurt Pala
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 8, 2002
                  thanks .... i've been interested with kierkegaard's work. he was more passionate than rational. and his emphasis of the individual during his time was a catalyst and probably led to as he is known as the father of existentialism. for kierkegaard what he did was in respond to the call of his time and that to follow him is ironically not to.because for kierkegaard one has to be an individual.
                  thanks again....
                  Justin Orndorff <raison__d_etre@...> wrote: Hey,

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 8, 2002
                    Thank you Justin, I will check these texts out.
                    :)'s Elizabeth

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 8, 2002
                      Hi Charles,
                      It looks a little deep for me, but I ordered it from Amazon.com anyway.
                      Thanks,
                      Elizabeth

                      >I am new to this list and am hoping for some
                      help. I am a grad
                      >student in counseling and working on a research
                      paper. I need
                      >current journal articles and/or printed sources
                      on Existentialist
                      >Therapy and how it might be applied in
                      multicultural counseling. I
                      >have been to PsychINFO--not much there. Can
                      anyone help?
                      >THanks!
                      >Elizabeth

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      removed]

                    • Bill Harris
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 10, 2002
                        kurt, I see Kierkegaard in a more dim light. He ended up a theist so it was all much ado ado about nothing. I would think him more the father of political correctness. Bill
[...]

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor