Re: [existlist] Re: Selfish

  • Bill Harris
    Message 1 of 156 , Jun 3, 2002
      Biggie Since we all buy the program, since the whole universe ends, none of this has lasting value. The only good is the pleasure you derive during your life. Then there is the question of what gives you pleasure.
      I like to find out how the cosmos works, and I keep succeding a little bit at a time. It means nothing, it will not save me, but I like it.
      As long as someone does not fuck with my ability to do the things I like, what they do makes no difference. If I elect to fight ,that too will make no difference. That is why existentialism is cool, It is all about our decisions---that make no difference. Bill
      Message 156 of 156 , Feb 3, 2004
        I'm rather upset at present, Eduard, but I'll try to respond.
        This reminds me of Shakespeare's play, The Tempest. It must be the
        spirit, Ariel, I think, who says:
        "We are such stuff as dreams are made on,
        And our little life is rounded with a sleep."
        Louise.

        -- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@v...> wrote:
        > Louise,
        >
        > I suppose that a lot is said of old Lewis Carroll. What is
        interesting however, is his description of Alice in Wonderland.
        Specifically that of it being a dream. Just as Alice fell into the
        rabbit hole, so too do we fall* into a dream.

        > eduard

        Am I